[tiImage width=”623″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/013111-kate-rose-623.jpg” credit=”Getty Images” align=”center” border=”1″ alt=”Kate Middleton and Rose McGowan”]
Rose McGowan and Kate Middleton have remarkably similar styles, a fact McGowan cherishes. “If it’s good enough for Kate Middleton, it’s good enough for me!” McGowan told us at Entertainment Weekly’s pre-SAG party in Hollywood, where she wore a hot pink Issa gown, a look that Middleton had worn previously in a slightly different cut. And this that wasn’t the first time McGowan and the Princess-to-be shared an Issa look. “I wore [the label’s] bright green gown to the MOCA and then Kate Middleton wore the blue one to announce her engagement to, you know, the Prince.” So why does she love the Kate Middleton-approved label? “Issa really embraces women’s forms,” McGowan told us. But don’t expect McGowan to admit that she and Middleton are exactly the same. “It might be Issa that brought us together,” she said. “But I don’t wear funny hats. And she probably doesn’t wear five-inch heels.”
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/012811-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (4); Courtesy Photo (2)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=”Kate Middleton Lea Michele Erin Fetherston”]1. Lifetime is working on a movie about Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding. YES. [E!]
2. Touchdown for Lea Michele! The Glee star will sing “America the Beautiful” before the Super Bowl. [EW]
3. J.Crew created a mini film series, J.Crew Goes to Italy, which premiered today. [J.Crew]
4. Jeggings be gone: According to a new report, True Grit style will be the next fashion trend. [The Cut]
5. Beauty giant Clarins will launch Swarovski’s first fragrance this spring. [WWD]
6. Erin Fetherston, who designed for Juicy, will launch her own lower-priced line named Erin. [NBC]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/012511-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (4); Courtesy Photo (2)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=”Kristen Bell Fergie Sarah Jessica Parker”]1. Kristen Bell and her spotless skin scored a deal as the new face of Neutrogena. [E! Online]
2. Fergie’s hiring the next associate designer for her shoe line via FIT student contest. What a star-studded job search. [WWD]
3. This stuff actually happens: A New York woman turned her guest bedroom into a replica of Carrie Bradshaw’s closet on Sex and the City. [CocoPerez]
4. Eco-friendly nail polish brand Butter London will launch a Middleton-themed hue named No more Waity, Katie. [Refinery 29]
5. Designer Rachel Roy launched her new collection online today with fun new short films. [WWD]
6. Cool collab: Sophie Theallet and Giles Deacon teamed with Nine West for capsule accessories collections that will launch this year. [Stylelist]
The white dress Kate Middleton made famous by wearing in her engagement photos with Prince William can be yours starting today. Reiss, the label that created the “Nannette” dress for its collection last year, is reissuing the piece and including it in its spring 2011 lineup for $325. “We have received a tremendous response both in calls and online, and the Nannette will be available online this week,” David Reiss, founder and managing director of Reiss, told InStyle exclusively. “[We] have been inundated with requests.” The company created a Love the Nannette Dress Web page so those interested can register to be alerted when it becomes available online today. For those who would rather see it in person, the dress hits stores February 7th.
Royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince William attended their friend’s wedding on Saturday in England, and the Princess-to-be chose a a black velvet dress by Libélula for the event. She brightened the look with splashes of royal purple on her fold-over clutch and shoes, and we love how the plum pumps featured a bow-tied ribbon detail on the pointed toe. Wondering where you can snag your own pair of violet heels? Click through the gallery to see some of our favorite similar styles.
[tiImage width=”320″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/010311-temperley-320.jpg” credit=”AbacaUSA; Courtesy Photo” align=”left” border=”0″ alt=”Kate Middleton in Alice Temperley dress”]Just weeks after Kate Middleton wore a Temperley London dress out with Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II announced that Alice Temperley (the British designer behind the dress) made the annual Her Majesty’s 2010 New Year Honors List. We can’t help but wonder if one has to do with the other, but in any case, it’s great news for Temperley, who will receive the honor at a ceremony later this year. Other fashion industry recipients of the Queen’s honors this year include Tanya Sarne, founder of Ghost, and Mark and Mo Constantine, founders of Lush Cosmetics. These honorees join an established group: Past recipients of British Empire honors include handbag designer Anya Hindmarch, photographer Nick Knight, Vivienne Westwood and late designer Alexander McQueen.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/122910-reese-witherspoon-300.jpg” credit=”Flynet” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]Congrats are in order for Reese Witherspoon, who announced her engagement to Hollywood agent Jim Toth today. Toth, her boyfriend of one year, proposed with a 4-carat diamond ring, People reports. The pair join a growing group of celebrities to become engaged this fall, so there’s bound to be quite a few beautiful brides come 2011! Click through the gallery to see more recently engaged star couples. Plus: Tell us who you’re most excited to see walk down the aisle in the comments.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/122810-LTL-300.jpg” credit=”Tony Woolliscroft/WireImage, Courtesy BOSS, Jacob Andrzejczak/Getty Images for MGM Resorts International, Courtesy Sephora, Dave M. Benett/Getty Images, Courtesy Top Shop” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. With a son named Brooklyn, it was only a matter of time: Victoria Beckham and fam are reportedly house-hunting in New York City. [Hollyscoop]
2. Get a sneak peek at sexy dad-to-be Orlando Bloom’s Hugo Boss Orange fragrance ads, shot by Steven Klein. [Just Jared]
3. Congrats to newly engaged couple LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian. [Stylelist]
4. Calling all beauty junkies: ShopBop partnered with Sephora to create a colorful palette. [BellaSugar]
5. Issa designer Daniella Helayel will launch e-commerce in the U.S. next year, making it easier to dress like Kate Middleton. [WWD]
6. Topshop introduced a denim collection with Bionic Yarn made of recycled plastic bottles. Yep, recycled plastic bottles. [Elle]