Couture Fashion Week‘s spring 2011 season in Paris is winding down today, and it’s ending on a high note. Italian label Guccicelebrated with a party in Paris last night with Jessica Alba (center), Diane Kruger and Olivia Wilde, while Jean Paul Gaultiergave mohawks a couture spin on the runway (left) and Georges Chakra showed off beautiful Cinderella gowns (right). See more celebrities, beauty and fashion in the gallery.
The Golden Globesceremony is certainly full of memorable moments. But do you think you know your Golden Globes’ style history? Test your knowledge of red carpet fashions, decorating facts and unforgettable quips in our Golden Globes Style Trivia Quiz. Get started by clicking See the Photos.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120910-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (3); Courtesy of Amazon; Courtesy of Gucci ” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Black Swan star Natalie Portman, the new face of Dior’s Miss Dior Chérie fragrance, likens wearing fragrance to wearing jewelry: “It makes every woman feel more feminine.” [Allure]
2. Derek Jeter admits he rarely goes shopping and lives off of gifts he receives. Lucky slugger! [WWD]
3. In addition to producing a children’s clothing line, Gucci also launched a children’s iPhone app. [Child Mode]
4. Azzedine Alaïa, whose designs are often worn by Michelle Obama, says he only customizes dresses for actresses if they come to his Paris studio for fittings. [NYTimes]
5. A new (unauthorized) biography out reveals that our favorite Prince once shopped at Abercrombie & Fitch. Who hasn’t? [People]
6. Ports 1961 will launch its first menswear line for fall 2011. [WWD]
The following is a guest post from one of our favorite blogs, Decades Two.1.
Holiday season is here! Between decking the halls and eating our weight in peppermint bark, we also curated an amazing holiday collection for our latest sale on Hautelook, which runs today through Thursday, December 9th. The grouping includes dresses to keep dazzling as you hit party after party, jazzy jackets to keep you warm (like this Louis Vuitton swing scarf coat pictured at right), handbags in which to keep all your gifts and goodies, and stocking stuffers such as Prada necklaces, Gucci watches, and Valentino gloves. And for those of you planning a New Year’s getaway, check out the Goyard travel cases. ‘Tis the season!
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120310-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Courtesy Photo (3); Getty Images (3)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Blake Lively opened up her home to Angie Dudley a.k.a. Bakerella, for a party full of sweets. [Bakerella.com]
2. Liv Tyler continues to be the face of Givenchy fragrances, but this time she’s not afraid to show off her real self. [WWD.com]
3. Alexander McQueen debuted their revamped and more affordable McQ collection today. [NYMag.com]
4. Gucci’s ‘1973 Bag’ is the new ‘it’ bag and has been spotted on the arms of celebrities including Angelina Jolie and Madonna. [FashionRules.com]