Blake Lively mixed pops of color for her look at the National Board of Review Awards Gala in New York last night. The Gossip Girl star hit the red carpet to celebrate her Best Ensemble Cast award for The Town with co-stars Ben Affleck and Jon Hamm wearing a laser-cut purple Marchesadress with ruffle sleeves, which she paired with bold turquoise accessories by Lorraine Schwartz. Jennifer Garneralso reached for a bright hue, choosing a magenta Roland Mouret design. See Lively and Garner—as well as Jennifer Lawrence, Michelle Williams and more—in the gallery.
Royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince William attended their friend’s wedding on Saturday in England, and the Princess-to-be chose a a black velvet dress by Libélula for the event. She brightened the look with splashes of royal purple on her fold-over clutch and shoes, and we love how the plum pumps featured a bow-tied ribbon detail on the pointed toe. Wondering where you can snag your own pair of violet heels? Click through the gallery to see some of our favorite similar styles.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/0104110-ltl-400.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (3); Courtesy of ABC; Courtesy of MAC; Courtesy of Net-a-Porter” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Nicole Richie chose America’s Next Top Model winner Nicole Fox to be the model in her Spring 2011 lookbook for Winter Kate. [Nylon]
2. Catch behind-the-scenes clips of Gerard Butler posing for L’Oreal. He’s a good model! [Crushable]
3. MAC released makeup that looks like denim (in every wash you can imagine). [Denimology]
4. Modern Family‘s Rico Rodriguez recently launched his own clothing line named RAR It Fitz Fashionz. Kids these days. [Racked]
5. Those awesome spiked Louboutins that are ever so popular? Some airports consider them weapons! [Nice Kicks]
6. Get a peek inside Brad Womack of The Bachelor‘s Austin home, which has a white shag rug. Thoughts, ladies? [People]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/122910-LTL-300.jpg” credit=”eff Kravitz/FilmMagic; Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage; Courtesy of Club Monaco; courtesy of Christian Louboutin; Steve Granitz/WireImage; Doug Meszler/SplashNewsOnline.com” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. There’s a rumor brewing that Rihanna may design for Topshop. Please let it be true! [Racked]
2. Take a behind-the-scenes look at Jennifer Lopez’s new commercial for L’Oreal. [People StyleWatch]
3. Recognize Natalie Portman’s fiancé Benjamin Millepied? You might—he’s modeled for Club Monaco. [The Cut]
4. Christian Louboutin will design shoes for designer Marlon Gobel’s upcoming fall menswear collection. Go Gobel! [Fashionista]
5. Get to know Glee cast cutie Chord Overstreet. Did you know he plays the flute? (Don’t worry—we didn’t either.) [JustJared]
6. Liv Tyler and Sarah Jessica Parker proved that it’s possible to look cute in the middle of a blizzard. [StyleList]