[tiImage width=”300″ height=”450″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/011911-fab-lead-400.jpg” credit=”Getty Images ” align=”left” border=”1″ alt=”Gwyneth Paltrow”]The following is a guest post from one of our favorite blogs, FabSugar.
The lovely Gwyneth Paltrow recently appeared in Switzerland wearing a pink dress by Azzedine Alaïa. The designer’s knit dresses are tailored to be ultra-feminine and flattering, which is why they are in the closets of some of the most stylish celebrities, like Paltrow, as well as Penelope Cruz, Stephanie Seymour, Bar Refaeli and First Lady Michelle Obama. Click through the gallery to see photos of celebs who love Alaïa’s designs.
MORE FROM FABSUGAR:
• Color We Love: Emerald Green
• Proenza Schouler’s Pre-Fall Collection
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120910-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (3); Courtesy of Amazon; Courtesy of Gucci ” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Black Swan star Natalie Portman, the new face of Dior’s Miss Dior Chérie fragrance, likens wearing fragrance to wearing jewelry: “It makes every woman feel more feminine.” [Allure]
2. Derek Jeter admits he rarely goes shopping and lives off of gifts he receives. Lucky slugger! [WWD]
3. In addition to producing a children’s clothing line, Gucci also launched a children’s iPhone app. [Child Mode]
4. Azzedine Alaïa, whose designs are often worn by Michelle Obama, says he only customizes dresses for actresses if they come to his Paris studio for fittings. [NYTimes]
5. A new (unauthorized) biography out reveals that our favorite Prince once shopped at Abercrombie & Fitch. Who hasn’t? [People]
6. Ports 1961 will launch its first menswear line for fall 2011. [WWD]