[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/122910-oprah-300.jpg” credit=”Lisa Maree Williams/Getty” align=”left” border=”1″ alt=””]January 1, 2011 is a big day. Not just because it’s the start of a new year, but also because it’s when the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), launches. What can you expect? Well, plenty of Oprah Winfrey, for starters. She’s launching shows with behind-the-scenes footage, and a new program called Oprah Presents Master Class that features celebrities like Jay-Z, Simon Cowell and more. But it’s not all Oprah. The channel will also showcase familiar Oprah experts, like Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Dr. Mehmet Oz, plus new faces, like Canadian chefs Anna Wallner and Kristina Matisic on Anna & Kristina’s Grocery Bag. We’re most excited about Finding Sarah, with former Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson, and Why Not? With Shania Twain, which both launch this spring. Click here to find out channel OWN is on in your area and tell us: Do you plan on watching Oprah’s new network?
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/121510-links-300.jpg” credit=”Courtesy Photo (3); getty Images (2); Mario testino ” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Andre Walker, Oprah Winfrey’s hairstylist of 25 years, will debut his own haircare line on HSN tomorrow. [Miami Herald]
2. Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld is going to be on TV… starring in a Volkswagon commercial. Too bad it will only appear on German stations. [WWD]
3. Kate Middleton did her own makeup for her engagement photos! Find out how. [Stylelist]
4. The Hanson brothers wearing ugly sweaters? Now this is one of our favorite things. [Hanson Blog]
5. Is Leighton Meester the new face of Missoni? Possibly. [Elle UK]
6. Twihards, there is a new Eclipse fragrance set available for under $25, just in time for the holidays (not that vampires necessarily celebrate them). [Coco Perez]