[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/011911-ltl-400.jpg” credit=”Getty Images (4); Courtesy Photo (2)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=”Katy Perry Michael Kors Annalynne Mccord Bria Murphy Lauren Bush”]1. Three stripes for Katy Perry! The singer will appear in a commercial for Adidas. [CocoPerez]
2. Fancy watching a Michael Kors fashion show? You can! The designer will give away tickets through his Facebook page. [Facebook]
3. Ecko signed 90210 actress AnnaLynne McCord as its new brand ambassador. [People]
4. Bria Murphy, Eddie Murphy’s 21 year-old daughter, is the new face of Dark & Lovely. [WWD]
5. A British retailer reported that its best-selling skin care product for women is actually a cream for babies. [Guardian]
6. In good cause news: Lauren Bush and Bergdorf Goodman partnered to launch a new FEED bag. Sales benefit Kenyan children. [Racked]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2011/wrn/010611-ltl-400.jpg” credit=”AP; Getty Images (2); Courtesy Photo (3)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]
1. Beyoncé looks fierce in her new L’Oreal Paris Feria commercial. But then again, she always does. [Stylelist]
2. Katy Perry is everywhere! The pop singer confirmed that she will guest star on How I Met Your Mother. [AP]
3. Here’s a sporty collaboration: Adidas and Diesel teamed up to create a line of limited-edition sneakers, set to debut January 20. [WWD]
4. Fashion designer Orla Kiely designed a funky print… for a car! The eco-friendly automobile will be released next month. [ELLE]
5. Rihannas’ first ad for her Reb’l Fleur fragrance is sexy. See for yourself. [Coco Perez]
6. Even Kate Middleton loves a good bargain: The future princess was spotted perusing the sale rack at a department store in London. [People]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/123010-LTL-300.jpg” credit=”uhr/Agency People Image/SIPA; Stan Honda/AFP/Getty; Courtesy of Styleite.com; Bryan Bedder/Getty; courtesy of Target; Jamie McCarthy/WireImage” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Katy Perry wants to create an aroma for the concerts on her upcoming tour. We don’t normally like how stadiums smell, but now, maybe! [CocoPerez]
2. The backlash of a winter wonderland: This week’s Northeast blizzard may have cost retailers touting post-holiday sales upwards of $1 billion. [WWD]
3. Lip art is getting fancy with floral and animal designs. Why let your nails have all the fun? [Styleite]
4. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s little sister Elizabeth is making her big screen debut at Sundance. Look out! [Elle]
5. Check out the new Splendid Littles collaboration line with Target. The label is loved by Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck’s daughter Violet. [Racked]
6. Missed Nicki Minaj’s sold-out Pink Friday MAC lipstick? The singer tweeted that it might be re-issued. [Twitter/NickiMinaj]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/122210-Katy-300.jpg” credit=”Polk Imaging/FilmMagic” align=”left” border=”1″ alt=””]Katy Perry (pictured here last year) is often spotted in leopard print, and now we know why: Her love affair with the animal pattern started in sixth grade, when her mom gave her a vintage leopard-print coat for Christmas. “You know how everybody wears [their new] clothes back after Christmas? I got made fun of super bad because it’s really warm in California. I didn’t need a fake leopard coat!” Perry told JustJared.com. “But I knew I was doing something good, or something right, because all the hot moms would pull up to pick up their kids, and be like, ‘Um, where did you get your coat?‘” Oh, Katy—always ahead of the curve!
[tiImage width=”623″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/121310-gold-623.jpg” credit=”Getty Images” align=”center” border=”1″ alt=””]Gold dresses have been popping up on a lot of red carpets in the past few weeks, and the look is so shiny that it’s hard not to notice. Katy Perry wore a strapless gold Georges Chakra dress to the Grammy Nominations Concert Live, Olivia Wilde wowed at the Hollywood premiere of TRON: Legacy in a liquid gold Emilio Pucci gown, Anne Hathaway attended the Love and Other Drugs Sydney premiere in this Oscar De La Renta gold sequin minidress, and Shakira wore a gold, one-shoulder number to the Bambi Awards. If you want to try this festive look yourself, take a cue from these stars and keep your accessories to a minimum.
• See the hottest color for 2011.
• Shop the InStyle Holiday Trends Boutique.
• View the season’s must-have dress.
[tiImage width=”320″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120810-criss-320.jpg” credit=” Courtesy of Fox; Joe Scarnici/FilmMagic” align=”left” border=”1″ alt=””]
Darren Criss, the adorable new star of Glee who blew audiences away with his rendition of Katy Perry’s ‘Teenage Dream,’ says he and his prepster character, Blaine (left), have quite a few differences—especially in the grooming department. “I look very different from [Blaine],” the 23-year-old told Interview magazine. “He has slicked-back hair, while I have really curly hair. And I never shave. I’m kind of a bum.” As far as we’re concerned, though, Criss looks pretty darn good—with or without his five o’clock shadow.
Hear Darren Criss sing ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ on Glee’s new Christmas album, available now.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120210-katy-300.jpg” credit=”Getty Images” align=”left” border=”1″ alt=””]Katy Perry officially kicked off award season yesterday at the announcement of the 53rd annual Grammy Award nominees. The Teenage Dream singer arrived at the Grammy Nominations Concert Live in Los Angeles wearing a gold Georges Chakra dress and Brian Atwood heels before changing into a silver mini to perform. Perry was nominated for four awards, including Album of the Year. Other nominees include Eminem and Bruno Mars, who topped the list with 10 and seven nods respectively, Lady Gaga and Lady Antebellum each garnered six, Rihanna nabbed four, and Beyonce was honored with two. Come back February 13th for complete coverage of the 2011 Grammy Awards!
Read the full list of 53rd annual Grammy Award nominations.
MORE! Find out who was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award.