[tiImage width=”623″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/121610-hair-lead-623.jpg” credit=”Courtesy of Roc Nation, Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic.com, Sean Gallup/Getty Images, Jamie McCarthy/WireImage” align=”center” border=”1″ alt=””]When it comes to hair, 2010 was so much more than beachy waves and pretty updos. The colors were extreme—from Michelle Williams’s platinum pixie to Rihanna’s fire-engine red crop. And the trendsetters weren’t just on the red carpet, they were also on YouTube. (Thank you Willow Smith and Justin Bieber!) Click through our gallery to see all of the best moments in hair from the entire year. You won’t want to miss a strand!
[tiImage width=”623″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120810-alexa-623.jpg” credit=” Dimitrios Kambouris/Filmmagic; Gareth Cattermole/Getty” align=”center” border=”1″ alt=””]Alexa Chung may have won the award for British Style at last night’s British Fashion Awards, but the 27-year-old also deserves a nod for her adorable new crop. The model/television-personality, who wore a Chanel coat dress from the spring 2011 collection, arrived at the awards with this tousled, chin-length cut. Ombré hair color fans, don’t fret! Chung smartly opted for newly highlighted, caramel blond ends. What do you think of her shorter cut? Tell us in the comments below.
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120210-ltl-300.jpg” credit=”Getty images (5); Courtesy of Dior ” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Kate Middleton spent an evening sans fiancé Prince William at London’s annual Christmas Carol concert. [People.com]
2. Kirsten Dunst is auctioning off her navy Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton bag—and all the goodies in it—to benefit Art of Elysium. [NYPost.com]
3. Kate Winslet confessed her crush on Michelle Williams at a private dinner for Blue Valentine. [NYPost.com]
4. Halle Berry is taking a break from the big screen and heading to the Great White Way to showcase her talents in the theater. [PerezHilton.com]
5. Dior.com just got a makeover, and lucky for us their coveted products are now available online. [Fashionista.com]
6. Take a tour of Alexa Chung’s favorite thrift shops and discover her shopping secrets. [HuffingtonPost.com]
[tiImage width=”300″ height=”400″ url=”http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/wrn/120110-ltl-400.jpg” credit=”Courtesy of Saks; Courtesy of Madewell; Courtesy of Harpers Bazzar; Getty Images (3)” align=”right” border=”1″ alt=””]1. Tom Brady is trading in his cleats for Uggs in his latest gig as Ugg Australia’s new face. [HuffingtonPost.com]
2. Finally! Images from Tom Ford’s top-secret runway show this fall, featuring Beyonce and Lauren Hutton, emerge. [HarpersBazaar.co.uk]
3. Fergie will co-judge Avon Voices, a singing and songwriting competition, starting today. [AvonVoices.com]
4. Looking for your dream dress to wear down the aisle? The Saks bridal sample sale starts today with styles up to 70% off. Hurry! [Mizhattan.com]
6. Tomorrow, Madewell will debut Alexa Chung’s cheeky Bat tunic, a longer version of her popular Bat tee. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]